Saturday, August 25, 2007

Public Transport

If you are interested in public transport especially here in Melbourne have a read of this article by Kenneth Davidson in The Age

Yet again he has hit it on the head. We should have some Nuremberg style trials for the politicians both state and local, that think privatising public assets and wasting our common wealth on international companies who want to run our Utilities at rip off rates is good policy cause we just can't have governments getting their political toes wet anymore.

And Secondly

If the wallies out there who think they can be carbon neutral, cause they drive a diesel car and carry a green shopping bag. Beware we are being conned, lets start by using less of everything, to consume is to waste.

Woof.


Any additional comments can be sent to mark_brickel@hotmail.com

3 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Well said!

I checked out the size of my carbon footprint the other day and was horrified! I don't even drive, rarely use any other transport, haven't flown in years, don't have a dishwasher or tumbledryer. I dread to think how big it would be if I was a consumer nut.

Verdant Earl said...

Sometimes, I am so un-green that I hate myself.

I gotta change.

Grump said...

Miss Understood thanks for the comment. I seem to follow you around the blogs from buffoon to belfast. My Dad was a very frugal man who cycled everywhere, grew veggies in an allotment [which his 4 children weeded for him], and kept warm with an extra woolie jumper suitably patched up or darned. I think some of it rubbed off on me.
b.e. you have to many bad habits to be green. Maybe best to just go for orange or blue any other colour?
Woof to both of you.